1. It is a piece of lifesaving equipment used in water rescue.
2. It is an essential part of the equipment that must be carried by lifeguards.
3. It further can act as a mark of authority, identifying an individual as a lifeguard.
4. This rescue tube has a long leash that the lifeguard wears around the body to tow the tube along while swimming a long distance.
5. Its buoyancy is enough to support the full weight of one or two victims.
Application & Features
This Rescue Tube is rescue equipment, located in main stations and rescue units, which are ideal for rescuing single victims. The rescue tube can be fastened around the victim's torso and is particularly effective in large surf, or for unconscious victims. It is also ideal for use on the Baywatch, or when using a rescue board.
In using the rescue tube, fasten the rescue tube around the victim with the clasp behind the person.
When used with an unconscious person, the lifeguard should secure the rescue tube around the victim and use the cross chest method of swimming the person to shore.
A very large victim may remain securely in the rescue tube without being held in a cross-chest carry, but the lifeguard must be very careful not to lose the victim, especially in the surf. When needed, the rescue tube can be used without fastening it around the victim. However, when it is used in the same manner as a rescue can, the lifeguard must be aware that the victim may lose his grip on the rubber surface.