The CAT Combat Tourniquet utilizes a durable windlass system with a free-moving internal band providing true circumferential pressure to the extremity. Its unique dual securing system avoids the use of screws and clips which can become difficult to operate under survival stress or where fine motor skills are compromised.
Easy application, safety set screw, dual locking
- True, one-handed application tourniquet, used by both conventional and special operation forces
- Proven to be 100% effective in occluding blood flow in both upper & lower extremities
- Can be self-applied or applied by a fellow first responder
- Quickly controls life-threatening extremity bleeding
- Designed to perform in all weather conditions
- Small and cost-effective
- Tourniquet for IFAK bag
Instruction for use
- Apply tourniquet proximal to the bleeding site and place the wounded limb through the band loop.
- Pull the band very tight and fasten it back on itself.
- Adhere the band around the limb.
- Twist the rod until bright red bleeding stops.
- Place the rod inside the clip and lock.
- Check bleeding condition, apply additional tightening next to the tourniquet and reassess if massive bleeding continues.
- Adhere band over the rod inside the clip around the limb.
- Secure the rod and band with the strap, transport reassess, record applied time on white strap if possible.
- A durable windlass system with a free moving internal band provides true circumferential pressure to the extremity.
- Once adequately tightened, bleeding will cease and the windlass is locked into place
- A hook and loop windlass retention strap is then applied, securing the windlass to maintain pressure during casualty evacuation
- With unique dual securing system, CAT can be operated even under survival stress or where motor skills are compromised
This product is intended for qualified medical professionals trained in the application of a tourniquet. It is not intended for the general public. Use only as directed by your EMS authority or under the supervision of a physician. Read entire Instruction for Use prior to using this product. Inappropriate application can result in serious injury or loss of limb. The use of any tourniquet is a last resort and should only be employed when bleeding cannot be stopped and the situation is life threatening.