The SOF Tactical Tourniquet is proven to be 100% effective during the US Army Institute of Surgical Research testing. It uses the same application method for arms or legs, which minimizes training and reduces the risk of mistakes in the field.
The SOF Tactical Tourniquet is one of the top-performing tourniquets currently available. It is the tourniquet of choice for many of the world's most elite and experienced warriors who have selected it for its outstanding ability to control severe bleeding, high level of reliability and ease of application. The SOF Tourniquet is the tourniquet that trusted to control the most severe extremity hemorrhage on the battlefield.
The SOF Tourniquet is light-weight, more effective, easy to use. The high-strength and lightweight alloy components are used in critical areas of function ensuring reliability. The design of hook and buckle is for rapid routing of the tourniquet strap while eliminating the need for re-threading the webbing through a buckle.
1. No Velcro design can prevent the loose under muddy or sandy environment (blood+sand=mud)
2. Lightweight and compact
3. Hardened materials
4. Safety set screw that prevents accidental release of pressure during movement
5. Aluminum windlass for bleeding control
6. Two plastic tri-rings to secure the windlass
7. Aluminum handle with 2 triangular loops
8. Long strap to accommodate a variety of extremities' sizes
9. The injured can operate only by one-hand so that the self-saving efficiency can improve
10. It can be adjusted according to the bleeding, they can prevent muscular death
11. Easy to carry, safe to use
Durability: The SOF Tactical Tourniquet is constructed of quality, high-strength materials. The tourniquet handle is machined from a solid piece of aircraft aluminum and maintains its strength in extreme temperatures. The tri-rings are molded Acetyl, a high-impact plastic that will also maintain its strength in extreme temperatures.
Reliable: No hook-and-loop is used to maintain tension. This greatly reduces the chance of accidental release of the tourniquet during patient movement. The buckle will also perform when wet, dirty, muddy or sandy, unlike hook-and-loop fasteners. Safety set screw prevents the accidental release of pressure during tactical patient movement. Dual locking rings provide a backup in the event of a broken ring.
Low maintenance: Safety screws and buckles are factories coated with a rust preventative/lubricant.
Repairable: The SOF can be easily repaired if it is damaged. Nothing is indestructible and being able to repair equipment in the field is a necessity for soldiers.