Vacuum immobilizer, also named vacuum splints, includes leg vacuum splint, arm splint and head vacuum immobilizer.
The principle of vacuum immobilization has been known for many years in the emergency medicine and first aid fields, and it is more and more pop in the world.
All of the polystyrene spheres, that are suspended in the air displace as soon as the pressure inside the vinyl shell changes. The surface of the mattress (or splints) is distributed in proportion to the weight supported. The mattress hence allows for effective and correct fitting. The patient, lying inside, moulded by his/her own body, can be further immobilized by creating a protective shell around the patient, winding the lateral edges of the mattress around him/her. The mattress can then be deflated using a manual or electric vacuum pump to evacuate the air. In doing this, the spheres press against one another locking themselves in. After closing the valve the form taken remains fixed in the position it was moulded into for the time required.
Vacuum Immobilizer Features
- Valve, as the most important part for vacuum products, we use the high-quality one, which has excellent keeping vacuum performance over 72hours at least.
- Special anti-static and non-woven fabric, which prevent the beads stick to the fabric
- Multi-chamber design keeps the beads in the right position, and easy to use. No need to waste much time to make it smooth before using.
- the density of the micro spheres that have been optimized in order to guarantee good thermal isolation and to reduce the loss of heat from the patient
- TPU Material, better and more pop than PVC. TPU is more durable, abrasion and puncture resistant.
- There are three kinds of TPU totally, polyester, polyether and polyester or polyether laminated.
- Polyester is hydrolyzed; polyether is waterproof and cannot be hydrolyzed, the third one has a coating layer on the fabric, which includes the features polyether or polyether has and also the better stretch ability.
- Good quality rubber handles, straps and buckles.
- X-ray, CT and MRI-compatible, the mattress won’t cause any affection to X-ray, CT and MRI equipment working.
Vacuum splint:Compared with Vacuum Mattress
- With the Similar features or advantages as the Vacuum Mattress, the vacuum splint system also use the TPU material, the valve with perfect vacuum guarantee, chambers’ design inside, compatible with the X-ray, CT and MRI equipment, etc.
- Different from the mattress, the splints immobilize the parts not the whole body, which is much highly targeted.
Vacuum splint includes extremities splints,head immobilizer and extrication device.It is used to fix and immobilize patients suspected of having fractures and hurt of broken extremities.
- More than 72hrs Vacuum Guarantee
- Rapid Fixation
- Durable TPU material
- X-ray, CT and MRI-compatible
- Easily moulds to the shape of the injury site
- High quality valve guarantees vacuum maintain over 72 hours
- No external pressure to the patient
- Heavy duty TPU material,easy to clean and disinfect,ready to reuse
- MRI,CT and X-ray compatible
- Foldable and can be stored in small carry case ,light and easy to carry
- Standard design and size is suitable for both adults and children
- Can be used for almost all splinting situations from dislocated shoulders to wrist fractures
2A00 Neck splint,neck support device
Vacuum Splint for neck
To immobilize ,support and protect neck during transportation or emergency rescue,avoid secondary damage
2A10 Head Immobilizer,head splint
The vacuum head immobilizer can be used by any head shape and size.Keep patient's head from moving ,protect head and neck during transportation.There are straps and buckles on the back of the head immobiliser,can be easily fixed on the back board or stretcher to protect patients from slipping.
3A00 Arm splint
- Design for arm,elbow fracture
- Temporarily used in orthopaedics and radiotherapy departments
4A00 Leg Splint ,ankle splint
For leg and ankle fracture
1B00 Extrication Device
Ideal for immobilizing and extricating from accidents or confined spaces.They are used to immobilize spinal region or extrication.